Monday, July 9, 2012

Half way to the finishing line

Pamela at Cranfield University
Last week was a significant time for me and my colleagues on the doctoral programme at Cranfield University. We have reached the half way point in our studies which began in Autumn 2010.

We took stock of where we are by answering several questions: what have we learned; what challenges and successes have we experienced and what are our hopes for the next two years.

In that time I have learned to work with a more  structured approach; I have improved my academic rigour and been able to apply some of my research in my work as a consultant. 

The challenge has been to maintain a balance between family, work and studies while relocating from Denmark to the UK to start my consultancy. I thank God for my wonderful supportive husband who recently completed his own studies to gain an MSc from Oxford.

I am still motivated by the topic I am researching about the medical supply chain in developing countries and there has been much interest and support from practice. I began my studies to fulfill a lifelong ambition to research something in depth that would have an impact in people's lives. Now that I am midway through my doctoral studies I hope I will remain focused and motivated to stay the course.

No comments:

Post a Comment